www.tdcireland.com Forum Index
HomeRegister Forum About UsMembershipFixturesResultsUpcoming EventsPhotos Log in
Dashboard
Latest Posts
Past Events
Club_Championship
Videos
For Sale
Turbine
Private Messages
Search Forum
Your Profile
Child Safeguarding
FAQ

Recent Topics
» IMRC Autosolo 28th April 2024
by Philip on Tue Apr 23, 2024 8:43 pm

» 12th May 2024: TDC Production Car Trial
by Philip on Tue Apr 23, 2024 8:38 pm

» 2024 TDC Irish Classic Retrospective Trial Results
by Peespeed on Mon Apr 15, 2024 8:59 pm

» 13th Apr 2024: TDC Irish Classic Retrospective Trial
by lauraf on Fri Apr 12, 2024 10:13 am

» For Sale Toyota MR2 2001 MVAT/ Targa spec car
by Peterf555 on Thu Mar 28, 2024 9:14 pm

» 2024 Latest Club Championship Standings
by Piers14 on Tue Mar 26, 2024 2:31 pm

» 24th Mar 2024: TDC Club Autotest Results
by Piers14 on Mon Mar 25, 2024 12:57 pm

» 24th Mar 2024: TDC Club Autotest
by Philip on Tue Mar 19, 2024 7:53 am

» Round 2 - National Autotest Championship - Sunday 10th March
by guyfo on Tue Mar 05, 2024 4:18 pm

» Connacht MVAT February 18th 2024
by Paddy_paddy on Mon Feb 05, 2024 9:27 pm

User Block
Username:

Password:

Remember me

I forgot my password

Don't have an account yet?
You can register for FREE

Who is Online

In total there are 500 users online :: 0 Registered, 0 Hidden and 500 Guests

Registered Users: None

[ View complete list ]

Most users ever online was 604 on Sun Jul 21, 2019 1:26 am

QUBMC Summer Lanes Rally

Reply to topic    www.tdcireland.com Forum Index » Lanes /Targa / Endurance Trial Events View previous topic
View next topic
QUBMC Summer Lanes Rally
alan_d

Post QUBMC Summer Lanes Rally Reply with quote
Hello all, Alan Dorman here.

Sorry to hijack this forum for my own purposes, but i'm the CoC for the QUBMC Summer Lanes Rally on the 25th July, based at the Ballymac Hotel near Lisburn. I know some of you were at last years event, and some are already entered for this years rally. It is a Navigation Rally with Special Tests, but its really all about the Special Tests which are run on private lanes, with no reversing, and just the occasional chicane or code board to keep the speeds down a bit. Tulips will be provided to get between the tests.

We would love to see more TDC members at the event, either as competitors, or even as marshalls if you're really keen! More info can be found at http://www.qubmc.com or on the Blog at http://summerlanesrally.blogspot.com

P.S. We're especially keen to get more classic/vintage cars on the entry list.
Thu Jul 09, 2009 7:45 pm View user's profile Send private message
Piers14
TDC Committee Member

Post Reply with quote
Welcome along Alan.. I'm really looking forward to this event... I should have thought of adding your event to the list.. Thanks for adding it..
Thu Jul 09, 2009 7:55 pm View user's profile Send private message
Roger Gordon

Post Reply with quote
HI ALL, HAVING DONE THIS EVENT LAST YEAR I CAN SAY IT WAS A GREAT EVENT AND A REFRESHING CHANGE. MY ADVICE IS PUT AN ENTRY IN AND DO IT.

Thu Jul 09, 2009 9:31 pm View user's profile Send private message AIM Address
Patricia

Post Reply with quote
Who's going to this?
Tue Jul 21, 2009 8:34 pm View user's profile Send private message
TheBaron

Post Reply with quote
there with bells on Twisted Evil
Tue Jul 21, 2009 8:46 pm View user's profile Send private message
Piers14
TDC Committee Member

Post Reply with quote
Really looking forward to this event... Hope the navigation elements are Ok for a beginner!
Tue Jul 21, 2009 8:53 pm View user's profile Send private message
Roger Gordon

Post Reply with quote
GLAD TO HEAR SOME OF YOU GUYS ARE COMING.
LAST YEAR THE NAVIGATION WASN'T TO HARD( I FOUND IT EASIER THAN JJ'S EVENT NAVIGATION- BUT THEN I DIDN,T KNOW THE AREA AND MY NAVIGATOR WAS JUST THERE FOR BALLAST), JUST REMEMBER TO BRING SOME SORT OF WATCH OR CLOCK THAT SHOWS SECONDS ON IT.
COME OVER & SAY HELLO-I,M THE NUMPTY IN THE MAZDA. HOPEFULLY MY NEW REAR SHOCKS WILL HAVE CAME BY SAT OR I WILL NEED SEA SICKNESS TABLETS.

Tue Jul 21, 2009 10:13 pm View user's profile Send private message AIM Address
Piers14
TDC Committee Member

Post Reply with quote
Final Instructions from Rachel..

Final Instructions

Maps & directions
Thu Jul 23, 2009 6:38 pm View user's profile Send private message
alan_d

Post Nearly there Reply with quote
Well folks, its nearly saturday, so i look forward to seeing some of you at the Ballymac. Thank you for your interest in this event, and the positive comments about last years rally. We hope this time will be even better (the weather forecast certainly looks better, but i'm not holding my breath).

I will be quite busy from now until Saturday, so i'm not likely to be back on this forum before the rally. If anyone has any queries you can e-mail me directly at apdorman@yahoo.com

Also, if anyone has a non-competing person tagging along with them, let me know, as we always need more marshalls!

Cheers,
Alan
Thu Jul 23, 2009 7:46 pm View user's profile Send private message
Piers14
TDC Committee Member

Post Reply with quote
Thanks for all the info Alan.. Am really looking forward to driving on this event.. Everything I've heard about it makes it sound like a very exciting event...
Thu Jul 23, 2009 9:37 pm View user's profile Send private message
Piers14
TDC Committee Member

Post Reply with quote
What a great event yesterday... Had a ball.. It was very interesting to do tests without having a look first.. Well done to Ronnie Griffin & Patricia Denning for winning overall..

Everything was going well for myself and Shane Griffin prior to ending on our side in a ditch. I was pushing a bit too hard in the afternoon.. We got a tow out and got to finish all the tests... Many thanks to Shane Griffin for doing a great job keeping me pointed in the right direction...

I'm looking forward to taking part again next year.. Well done to QUBMC for putting on a great event and many thanks to all the marshals & timekeepers for putting in a huge effort...

Piers
Sun Jul 26, 2009 6:11 pm View user's profile Send private message
Patricia

Post Reply with quote
Thanks to QUBMC and all the timekeepers and marshals for organising this event, we had a great day and thoroughly enjoyed it. The tests were fantastic fun and the navigation part was easy to follow. Thankfully I didn't make too many mistakes as Ronnie had threatened to send me home on the train if I sent him wrong!
Mon Jul 27, 2009 11:41 am View user's profile Send private message
TheBaron

Post Reply with quote
An absolutely cracking event. Congrats to all those involved in the QUB Motor Club for such flawless organisation.
Mon Jul 27, 2009 8:16 pm View user's profile Send private message
alan_d

Post Thanks to all at TDC Reply with quote
Apologies for the lack of contact since the Summer Lanes, i've been in 'Rally come-down' mode for the last week or so! I have been out to assess the damage and all the lane owners are very happy with how things went (Piers and Owen, you're off the hook!).

I just wanted to thank you all for supporting the rally by competing, and by encouraging others to compete. It really helped to boost the entries, and it was fantastic to see such a healthy TDC turnout at the event.

All competitors should shortly receive a questionnaire so you can tell us in detail what you thought about various aspects of the event. We are very keen to get your feedback as we want to make the event as good as it can be.

As mentioned on the day, there is a possibility that Rathfriland Motor Club may run a similar style of event, although i don't have any info on possible dates. I will make sure any developments are posted on this forum.

Once again, well done to Ronnie and Patricia for a fantastic performance, and i hope to see you all soon.

Alan.
Mon Aug 03, 2009 9:14 pm View user's profile Send private message
Piers14
TDC Committee Member

Post Reply with quote
Relieved to hear that Alan... Wasn't sure of the current costs of fence posts... The woman that I met, chauffeured by golf cart was very pleasant and considerate.. It must be great to have such patriarchs...

It was such a fantastic event that Ronnie is determined to come up with a similar type of event for TDC..

One thing though, do you know if there are any photos of the event? Our wee starlet has participated in 3 events now and we don't have a single action shot, never mind a still...

BTW, After having a chat with a few other TDC members that weren't aware of your event I think there will be a lot more entrants next year from this club...

Piers
Mon Aug 03, 2009 9:29 pm View user's profile Send private message
Reply to topic    www.tdcireland.com Forum Index » Lanes /Targa / Endurance Trial Events All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: